COMPUTATIONAL FLUID DYNAMICS LABORATORY
JOLLEY 210, (314)935-8209
CFD lab, Prof.
his graduate students are engaged in a number of projects in numerical
simulations which include:
A) Aerospace, Mechanical and
Renewable and Sustainable
- Active flow control using
synthetic jets for drag
reduction, separation control and vectoring control.
- Lattice- Boltzmann
simulations of flow in micro- and
- Explicit and implicit
kinetic schemes for Euler and ideal
- Development of turbulence
models for separated flows,
rough-wall flows, rotating flows, and MHD flows.
- Flow simulations in
continuum-transition regime (for
non-equilibrium hypersonic flows of diatomic gases) using Burnett
equations and generalized Boltzmann equation.
- Development and
application of Discontinuous Galerkin (DG)
method for acoustic and electromagnetic scattering from complex objects.
- IBL simulations for
Blended-Wing-Body engine inlets.
- Computational simulation
of aortic stenosis and aneurism.
- Computational simulation and optimization of biomedical devices.
- Optimization of wind
turbine blades and wind-farms layout
for efficiency, and novel wind turbine concepts.
- Numerical modeling and simulation of
sequestration in saline aquifers.
- Numerical modeling and simulation of chemical looping combustion.
- Optimization of algae growth in photobioreactors.
- Ocean tidal, thermal and
wind energy conversion.
- Economic analysis of
renewable energy systems with
- Economic cost of
transition to Green Enterprises for small
and medium size manufacturing firms.
- Hydronic cooling systems
and phase change materials for
energy efficient buildings.
- Sustainable air and
- Tao Cui
- Xiaotao Li
- Zhicheng Li
- Gene Qian
- Quilin Qu
- Fangwei Xie
- Wei Yi
- Wenwen Zhao
- Shiping Zhu
- Subhodeep Banerjee
- Xiaomen Chen
- Lee Chusak
- Mike Denn
- Wei Dong
- Jared Daiber
- Tudor Foote
- Colin Graham
- James Koch
- Junhui Li
- Hakop Nagapetyan
- Chris Nassau
- Razi Safi
- Liju Su
- Tim Wray
- Guanzheng Zhang
- Xiao Zhang
- Yihe Zhang
- Zheming Zhang
- B.B. Bhattacharya (JNU, Delhi, India)
- Sally Benson (Stanford)
- Jonathan Chase (WUSTL, Biology)
- Paul Donnely (WUSTL, Architecture)
- M. Dudokovich (WUSTL, EECE)
- D. Hoganson (Boston Children's Hospital)
- S. Hosder (MST, Rolla)
- R. Rifkin (Medical School, WUSTL)
- S. Shenoy (Medical School, WUSTL)
- Avi Seifert (Tel Aviv, Israel)
- P. Shi (Adelaide, Australia)
- Felix Tcheremissine (Moscow, Russia)
- I. Tuncer (Ankara, Turkey)
- Ping Wang (WUSTL, Economics)
341 - Fluid Dynamics
5700 - Aerodynamics
5412 - Computational Fluid Dynamics
5413 - Advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics
463/JME 4630 - Nanotechnology Concepts and Applications
5424 - Thermo-Fluid Modeling of Renewable Energy Systems