Bo Li, PhD
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Washington University in St. Louis
Google Scholar Profile
Advised by Prof. Chenyang Lu, I earned my PhD of Computer Science in Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Washington University in St. Louis. I received my Bachelor and Master degrees in Electrical Engineering from Harbin Institute of Technology, China, in 2006 and 2008(Excellent Thesis Award), respectively.
From 2008 to 2010, I was a Research Assistant in Department of CSE at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. My interests span broadly in system research including Process Control, Structural Health Monitoring & Control, and Optimizations. I am also good at designing high speed computer systems such PCI-Express bus systems. I have joined the industry working on distributed cloud systems.
- Conference papers
- Y. Ma, P. Boroojeni, B. Li, H. Gonzalez and C. Lu, Towards a Holistic Management of Wireless Control Systems, submitted. new!
- B. Li, Y. Ma, T. Westenbroek, C. Wu, H. Gonzalez and C. Lu, Wireless Routing and Control: a Cyber-Physical Case Study, ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems (ICCPS'16), April 2016. [bibtex] new!
- A. Saifullah, D. Gunatilaka, P. Tiwari, M. Sha, C. Lu, B. Li, C. Wu and Y. Chen, Schedulability Analysis under Graph Routing in WirelessHART Networks, IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS'15), December 2015. [bibtex]
- B. Li, L. Nie, C. Wu, H. Gonzalez, and C. Lu, Incorporating Emergency Alarms in Reliable Wireless Process Control, ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems (ICCPS'15), April 2015. [bibtex]
- Z. Sun, B. Li, S. J. Dyke, and C. Lu, A novel data utilization and control strategy for wireless structural control systems with TDMA network, 2013 ASCE International Workshop on Computing in Civil Engineering (ASCE IWCCE 2013). [bibtex]
- B. Li, Z. Sun, K. Mechitov, C. Lu, S. J. Dyke, G. Agha, and B. F. Spencer, Realistic Case Studies of Wireless Structural Control, ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems (ICCPS'13), April 2013. [bibtex] [Slides] [Software] [News release 1] [News release 2]
- Z. Sun, B. Li, S. J. Dyke, and C. Lu, Evaluation of Performances of Structural Control Benchmark Problem With Time Delays From Wireless Sensor Network, in Proc. EMI/PMC 2012, Notre Dame, IN, June 17-20, 2012.[bibtex]
- B. Li, D. Wang, F. Wang, and Y.Q. Ni, High Quality Sensor Placement for SHM Systems: Refocusing on Application Demands, in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM'10, San Diego, CA, Mar. 2010.[bibtex]
- Y. Peng, B. Li, D. Liu, and X. Peng, A high speed DMA transaction method for PCI Express Devices, in Proc. IEEE Circuits and Systems International Conference on Testing and Diagnosis, Chengdu, China, Apr. 2009.[bibtex]
- Journal papers
- C. Lu, A. Saifullah, B. Li, M. Sha, H. Gonzalez, D. Gunatilaka, C. Wu, L. Nie and Y. Chen, Real-Time Wireless Sensor-Actuator Networks for Industrial Cyber-Physical Systems, Special Issue on Industrial Cyber-Physical Systems, Proceedings of the IEEE, 2016. [bibtex] new!
- Z. Sun, B. Li, S. J. Dyke, and C. Lu, and L. Linderman, Benchmark problem in active structural control with wireless sensor network, Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 2016. [bibtex]new!
- Y.Q. Ni, B. Li, K.H. Lam, D. Zhu, Y. Wang, J.P. Lynch, and K.H. Law, In-construction vibration monitoring of a super-tall structure using a long-range wireless sensing system, Smart Structures and Systems, 7(2): 83-102, 2011.[bibtex]
- B. Li, Y. Peng, D. Liu, and X. Peng. A high speed DMA transaction method for PCI Express Devices, Journal of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Vol. 7, No.4, Dec. 2009.[bibtex](Special Issue on ICTD'09 Best Papers)
- B. Li, D. Liu, and Y. Peng. A high speed DMA transaction method for PCI Devices, in Journal of Electronic Measurement and Instrument 22 (1), 705-710, China, 2008.[bibtex]
- B. Li, D. Wang, and Y.Q. Ni, Demo: An Imote2 Compatible High Fidelity Sensing Module for SHM Sensor Networks, in IEEE INFOCOM'10, San Diego, CA, Mar. 2010.
- B. Li, D. Wang, and Y.Q. Ni, Demo: On the High Quality Sensor Placement for Structural Health Monitoring, in IEEE INFOCOM'09, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Apr. 2009.
I serve as a reviewer for premier conferences and journals, including EWSN, IEEE ICDCS, ACM/IEEE IPSN, IEEE INFOCOM, IEEE RTSS, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, IEEE Transaction on Industrial Informatics, and many others.